Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Zafarian Review

Zafaria, was exotic but I would not count it as original. This world was a huge disappointment to me. The overall look of the world was marvelous but it had some problems with mobs. There are so few mobs of what you need that it is nearly impossible to find a battle. Also when respawning the creatures sometimes decide "I am not going to respawn for 5 minutes." The leveling is fun because it gives you more of a challenge and there are a good number of quests to get up to level 70. The questline itself was the biggest disappointment to me. The quests are mostly copys of what we have done before. Gather some warriors who end up not fighting, fight these guys to get this back, and the person who helped you betrays you. No originality in this world. Basically the whole world is you chasing after some kids while undoing what the Umbra Queen's mess. The drops are very nice and they sell well too. The music is nice at first but it is about the same track in every place and can get a bit annoying. The new spells were also a disappointment, myth still hasn't received an all hit and death's spell is childish, and storm's spell seems way to overpowered. The enemies were nice. There was a great selection of new creatures to fight. That I must admit was well done. The thing that I hated the most was a change in vocabulary in this world. This world used words like "Kill the wizard" "You will probably die" "Your friends have met their doom" and I found this revolting. This is a family friendly game and that may not be too family friendly. I think younger players and older players could find this out of order for this game. Also their are a lot of African style words that are never defined that I was clueless to the definition. One of these words was Juju, if I remember correctly. 
Overall I would give this world a 6/10. It was not the best expansion but still continues the storyline.


4 comments:

  1. Wait, you said myth still hasn't recieved a hit all spell. What about frog and earthquake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read on Housing101 about your nearly impossible maze, and I am stubborn enough to try to contact you.
    Finding no other way to do that, I think a comment would be the easiest way to contact you.
    Email me at destinysoultamer at gmail dot com if it's okay if I try out the maze.
    Thanks!
    Des

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought about several of these things, good post!

    You know, you talk about "Kill the Wizard" as if it's horrible in a kid's game, yet you've got "Jester: Mass Murderer" plastered all over your blog. You know, I once wanted to show one of your posts on Central for questions, which would have been great advertising for you, but the link was rejected because of this. I'd change it if it were me, but just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I think Central just rejects all posts from any "outside source". I once tried posting links to my blog, and they rejected that too, calling it "advertising".

    ReplyDelete

Wiz Wizards Game Show Coming Soon

Wiz Wizards Game Show Coming Soon